Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mets Roster Projection (Part 1)

Hey everyone! I've been busy working for Pepper:MLB Blog that I kind of  "abandoned" Mets Flash!
Well, I'm back and here to give you my 2014 roster projection.
I believe the Mets Starting Rotation will look a little bit like this:
1. Jon Niese
2. Zack Wheeler
3.Dillon Gee
4. Bartolo Colon
5. John Lannan or Daisuke Matsusaka
Report= B+
The Rotation is good, yet I think people are overvaluing Colon. He is a number #4 pitcher at best, and has very little stamina. I believe Lannan wins the battle for the Fifth Starter, as a truly dont like Dice-K's stuff.
Bullpen:
Carlos Torres
Scott rice
Kyle Farnsworth
Jose Valverde
Vic Black
Bobby Parnell
(The loser of the #5)
Report: A-
I think the bullpen is a strength of this years Mets Club, Valverde was a steal, because if he can find his pitch, he can be dominant.
Catchers:
Anthony Recker
Travis D'arnaud
report : B
D'Arnaud's offense was mediocre last year, but if he can give us 15 HR's I will be satisfied.
Well that's all for today, I'll give you Part 2 later this week.
Here's two notes:
Come MLB Season, expect two posts daily, a Pre and Post review. Until then posts will be on a once a week basis.
On Pepper: MLB Blog we have a weekly show, called "Pepper Show" we answer all kinds of baseball questions! Check out Pepper and comment an Inbox Question for us answer!







No comments:

Post a Comment